What you need to know:
- Browser Sync AlternativesWhile you may have to give up cross-browser sync when Xmarks goes away, there are a lot of good browser-specific sync options available:
Browser Sync Alternative Xmarks Data Types Supported Price Firefox Sync
Bookmarks, passwords, history, tabs Free Chrome Sync
Bookmarks Free Windows Live Essentials
Bookmarks Free MobileMe
Bookmarks, passwords $99/year
You can also create an html backup of your bookmarks at any time by using the Export feature at my.xmarks.com.
- Service End Date and User SupportXmarks Sync for Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari, and iPhone will continue to operate until January 10, 2011. Email support is no longer available, but our user support forums on GetSatisfaction will continue to be a place for users to help each other.
- Uninstalling Xmarks Extensions (Sync, Thumbnails, and SearchTabs)Instructions for uninstalling Xmarks can be found on this wiki page.
- Privacy and Your DataWe understand that you have entrusted us with the task of storing your personal browser data and we take that responsibility very seriously.
- We will never sell or release your personal data, and we will make sure to delete all user data once the Xmarks service shuts down.
- If you’d like to take immediate action, click here to immediately delete your account and user data. (Make sure you have all your data first!)
- Other Shutdown QuestionsPlease see our Shutdown FAQ if you have questions you don’t see answered above.
- More Sync OptionsIf you have need of syncing more than just bookmarks between computers, here are two great services we recommend you try out. Both offer a free plan with no payment obligation.
Evernote lets you save entire webpages, including text, links and images. It keeps everything synchronized across your computer, phone and the web. In addition to storing webpages, Evernote also allows you to take notes, store to-dos, snap photos and more. SugarSync is easy, secure online file sync and backup. Keep your files, photos, and music stored in the cloud so you can access them anytime. Works with PC and Mac plus mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, Android, and more. Try it Free!