Padre is a Perl IDE, an integrated development environment, or in other words a text editor that is simple to use for new Perl programmers but also supports large multi-lingual and multi-technology projects.
Our primary focus is to create a peerless environment for learning Perl and creating Perl scripts, modules and distributions, with an extensible plug-in system to support the addition of related functionality and languages and to support advanced developers taking the editor anywhere they want it to go.
* Customizable syntax highlighting for many languages
* Syntax checking for Perl 5 and Perl 6
* Refactoring tools for Perl 5 and Perl 6
* Context sensitive help and code completion
* Extra features for advanced programmers
* Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
* Free and Open Source under the “Perl license”
* Written in Perl 5
The Padre Standalone package contains
- Strawberry Perl 126.96.36.199
- Padre 0.63
Note: This includes the Strawberry Perl install files; DO NOT install this MSI if you already have Strawberry Perl installed. Use the CPAN client to install the latest Padre for you.
Download from here:
Install Padre in ubuntu
Open the terminal and run the following command
sudo apt-get install padre
For ubuntu 10.10 users run the following two extra commands after above installation
sudo dpkg –install libwx-perl_0.9702-1_i386.deb