7-Zip 9.20.10 alpha was released. 7-Zip for 32-bit Windows:
– 7-Zip now can unpack UEFI BIOS files.
– 64-bit version of 7-Zip now includes additional 32-bit shell extension DLL. So other 32-bit programs can call 64-bit 7-Zip via context menu.
– Now it’s possible to associate 7-Zip with file types without Administrator rights.
– New -mf=FilterID switch to specify compression filter. Examples: 7z a -mf=bcj2 a.7z a.tar 7z a -mf=delta:4 a.7z a.wav 7z a -mf=bcj a.tar.xz a.tar – 32-bit 7-Zip running under 64-bit Windows now can use up to 4 GB of RAM.
– Some bugs were fixed.
– New localizations: Corsican, Kyrgyz, Ligurian. What’s new in latest alpha update:
– The bug was fixed: 7-Zip File Manager could crash when opening broken archive. The code that shows status bar was changed to fix that bug. If you see some new bugs, please write here.