此軟體是以Mozilla Suite為基礎建構之軟體，是Mozilla基金會旗下軟體Mozilla Suite 1.7版本的延伸。
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 is available for free download now in 14 languages and makes a huge list of new functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
In addition to the changes in the alpha releases, and our first beta release, this version features the following new improvements:
* When you start SeaMonkey in Safe Mode, you are now presented with a dialog that allows you to permanently apply some of the Safe Mode changes. Furthermore you can enter Safe Mode directly from the Help menu now.
* If a plugins crashes, you are now presented with several options right there (e.g. reloading the page).
* SeaMonkey Sync supports the easy setup process (J-PAKE) now.
* Windows 7 Jump Lists support was added.
* Outdated plugins are detected now.
* Tabs can now be switched using mouse scrolling (in addition to scrolling the tab bar).
* WebGL support via ANGLE has been added.
* An optional search bar (including suggestions if the search engine supports it) is available in browser toolbar customization, and an engine manager for OpenSearch is available.
* The delete action in the MailNews Advanced Search dialog has been fixed.
* Plugins now work in feeds shown in MailNews windows.
* ChatZilla is working again.
* Download progress is now shown in the Windows 7 taskbar.
* Cascaded Session Restore improves restoring large browsing sessions.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we’d like to encourage you to get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
~Justin Wood (Callek)