The BackTrack Dev team has worked furiously in the past months on BackTrack 5, code name “revolution”. Today, we are proud to release our work to the public, and then rest for a couple of weeks.
This new revision has been built from scratch, and boasts several major improvements over all our previous releases.
Based on Ubuntu Lucid LTS. Kernel 2.6.38, patched with all relevant wireless injection patches. Fully open source and GPL compliant. Head down to our downloads page to get your copy now!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank several key individuals who have helped make this release possible:
- Offensive-Security who have played a major role in development and funding of our project.
- Devon Kearns – A new member in our BackTrack team who single-handedly covered more packages than the whole team put together. At some stage we considered renaming the release to “dookie-track”.
- Shadz – Master of the dragon and creator of the promo movie. Check him out at http://www.zusedesign.com/
- Digip – Master of our website and dang good artist – http://ticktockcomputers.com
- Elwood – For getting an awesome forensics environment up. Thanks!
- Mister_X – For going through our wireless setup and making sure everything was sparkling.
- Bolexxx – our torrent and download master. Your download is due to him.
I would also like to personally thank each member of the BackTrack Dev team for putting the effort required to make this great release. Stay tuned to our Forums and Wiki for updates, howtos and bug fixes for BackTrack 5. These resources will grow significantly in the next couple of weeks.
Head down to the downloads page and get your copy of BackTrack 5!