- Added support for Growl to show notifications on Mac.
- Removed the dependency on GitSharp.
- File rename detection support in the event logs.
- Fixed all crashes reported in RC1 and improved sync algorithm.
- Redid collision detection and conflict resolving (use a copy of each version).
- Improved about dialogs with version checking.
There is a new stable SparkleShare Ubuntu PPA, available for Ubuntu 11.10, 11.04 and 10.10. Add it and install SparkleShare using the commands below:
mkdir -p ~/.ssh sudo add-apt-repository ppa:warp10/sparkleshare sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sparkleshare libwebkit1.1-cil git-core
The “mkdir -p ~/.ssh” command is required because if the ~/.ssh folder doesn’t exist, SparkleShare crashes.
For Nautilus integration, also install “python-nautilus”:
sudo apt-get install python-nautilus
There’s also a SparkleShare Fedora repository @ http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/alexh/sparkleshare/
For Mac binaries and source files, see the SparkleShare homepage.
Also see: how to encrypt files before syncing in SparkleShare (for an easier way, you can use EncFS like in this post).