We are pleased to release our Ultimate Windows Tweaker for Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Ultimate Windows Tweaker is a freeware TweakUI Utility for tweaking and optimizing Windows 7 & Windows Vista, 32-bit & 64-bit. It can simply be downloaded and used as a portable application to customize your Windows to meet your requirements. With judicious tweaking, it can make your system faster, more stable, and more secure with just a few mouse clicks. The tweaker detects whether you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed and accordingly offers you the relevant tweaks only.
UPDATE: 25th Jan 2011. Ultimate Windows Tweaker has been updated to v 2.2. It now works on Internet Explorer 9 and includes additional tweaks too, as mentioned in its Change log.
Change Log and additional tweaks included in UWT v 2.2:
- Supports Internet Explorer 9
- Enable Menu bar permanently
- Always on InPrivate Filtering
- Hide Compatibility View button
- Disable sending keystrokes to your default search engine
- Enable Quick Tabs
- Manage no. of rows in about:Tabs (IE9 only)
- Disable caching of SSL pages
- Enable software rendering instead of GPU rendering (IE9 only)
User Accounts & UAC
- Manage user accounts (improved)
- Disable PAE
- Extensive code optimization for speed improvement
- Improved refreshing capability after applying tweaks
- No more prompts after each Apply clicks
- Some UI and typo fixes.
The tweaker is a 345KB .exe file which does not require an install, but yet packs over 150 tweaks & settings. Simply download the zip file, extract its contents and runUltimate Windows Tweaker.
Please don’t detach Empty Icon from executable’s root, the Empty Icon is copied to system directory and referred in runtime. The tweaker has been designed by my MVP collegue Ramesh Kumar for The Windows Club.
If you need help and support, you can post them at TWC Forum thread.
Whats new in UWT?
– Revamped UI similar to Windows 7/Vista UI controls
– Improved: Optimize services, enable/disable services and start/stop as well instantly
– Added on System Information page
+ Version with build no
+ System Rating
+ Computer description
– Added on Personalization page
+ Disable Aero shake
+ Disable Aero Snap
+ Enable Jump lits and nos of jump list items
+ Sorted Startmenu with all Windows 7 items
+ Bing Search replaced Live Search in Custom Start Search
+ Use large icons on Taskbar
+ Disable Aero Peek preview
+ Group when Taskbar full is added
– Added in User Accounts & UAC
+ Welcome screen text and buttons’ effects
+ Set custom background on Welcome screen (OEM Background)
– Added in System Performance page
+ Trackbars’ Tooltip shows actual value in miliseconds
+ Improved “Menu action”
+ Improved “Enable support for 4GB of RAM on 32bit Windows”
+ Disable Windows Security Center service
– Added in Security Settings
+ Disable System Restore settings
+ Disable Change Color and Appearance
+ Disable to skip starting programs by pressing Shift key
– Added on Internet Explorer page
+ Reset IE to factory default button added
– Additional Tweaks
+ Disable Windows Startup sound
+ Disable pagefile (Virtual Memory)
+ Enable Large System cache
+ Delete pagefile during shutdown process
– Minor bugs fixed
It is always recommended to create a system restore point before tweaking your system, and hence an easily accessible button for creating the same has been provided in the tweaker. Should you wish or need to, you can always restore your system to the Windows default settings using the Restore Defaults button and applying them.
Details of earlier version/s can be found here.
Check out Ultimate Windows Customizer, which allows you to customize your Windows installation, including changing the Start Button, Logon Screen, Thumbnails, Taskbar, Explorer look, Windows Media Player and more! etc.