Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland Milestone 2 is now available for your open-source benchmarking needs under Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, BSD, and Solaris. This second development milestone supports the upcoming Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion” operating system, new hardware detection abilities, and other improvements.
This second development release of the PTS update codenamed Bygland incorporates a month worth of work since the first milestone. This update brings various fixes to pts-core, groundwork for some yet-to-be-announced features, and Mac OS X 10.8 compatibility.
The Phodevi (Phoronix Device Interface) library meanwhile has better detection support for some disk drives, detection support of Microsoft Hyper-V and Parallels virtualization guests, Portland Group (PGI) Workstation compiler detection, and other work. Like the pts-core updates, there’s also some changes here to better support Apple’s work with Mac OS X 10.8. (Benchmarks of OS X 10.8 are coming later this week on Phoronix.)
There’s also more work going on within pts_Graph, the graphing library, for the renderer changes going on that will lead to more detailed and interactive graphs.
The official release of Phoronix Test Suite 3.8 is expected this quarter. The latest release or more information can be gathered from Phoronix-Test-Suite.com.
Phoronix Test Suite 3.8 Milestone 2
20 February 2012
– pts-core: Allow up to 1MB of system log files to be attached and uploaded to OpenBenchmarking.org
– pts-core: Fix test profile / test suite identifier base name parsing on version handling
– pts-core: Add cairo-development as an external dependency for Cairo drawing library development
– pts-core: Initial support for compiler masking / compiler option intercepting on test installation
– pts-core: Support symlinked ~/.drirc to test install directories
– pts-core: Support for Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion” Developer Preview 1
– phodevi: Better recognition of Samsung disk drives
– phodevi: NVIDIA CUDA (nvcc) detection and report it to system information compiler area
– phodevi: Detection support for Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization server
– phodevi: Detection support for Parallels Virtualization
– phodevi: Better VMware DDX driver detection when using vmwgfx
– phodevi: Support for detecting VirtualBox version using vboxguest kernel module information
– phodevi: Support for detecting Portland Group (PGI) Workstation compilers
– phodevi: Improved detection of Hitachi disk drives
– phodevi: Support for Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion” Developer Preview 1
– pts_Graph: Rendering corrections of SVG DOM IR