Apache JMeter, a Java program to Load Test server applications, is available in version 2.7 since today.
This second release of JMeter as a Top Level Apache project brings many improvements:
- A new OS sampler to sample native processes
- JMS Samplers improvements (Support of “non-persistent” messages”, Object Messages can now be sent using XML, Addition of JMS Properties)
- Test Action Sampler can now interrupt current iteration to switch to next one
- Aggregate graph improvements
- Improved HTML reporting
Other improvements in various areas:
- New Visual Indicator of number of ERROR/FATAL messages in logs for faster DEBUG of scripts
- Mailer Visualizer which now enables authentication through SSL and TLS
- New detail box for parameters
and many important bug fixes to important features like:
- HTTPS Client Certificates testing introduced in 2.6
- Raw Post Body feature introduced in 2.6
- JDBC Samplers
- Include Controller
Improvements have also been done in Memory behaviour of JMeter, read:
The project has a detailed page with lots of screenshots together of the innovations.
The software is licensed under Apache License 2.0 and require Java 1.5 is currently running.
The new version 2.7 is available in both binary and source code format for download available.