This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.0 series.
- Bug fix for #932623 introduced the regression in XtraBackup 2.0.2 which caused incremental backups to fail because the init parameter values were not normalized to the values used inside InnoDB. Bug fixed #1062684 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Bug fix for #932623 introduced the regression in XtraBackup 2.0.2 because it didn’t take the separate doublewrite tablespace into an account. Bug fixed #1066843 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- XtraBackup was handling the separate doublewrite buffer file incorrectly. File path of the doublewrite buffer wasn’t added to the backup-my.cnf and after the restore old doublewrite buffer file was used instead of one made during the prepare stage. Bug fixed #1068470 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- XtraBackup now accepts the
--innodb=forceoption, previously it would throw an error if the option was set. Bug fixed#528752 (Laurynas Biveinis).
safe-slave-backupwasn’t working correctly. Bug fixed #887803 (Alexey Kopytov).
- In case
safe-slave-backup-timeoutwas reached when using the
SQL_THREADwas left in stopped state causing the slave thread to lag behind. This was fixed by checking the initial
SQL_THREADstate and starting it before terminating with a timeout error and starting the
SQL_THREADonly if it was running initially. Bug fixed #1037379(Alexey Kopytov).
- In case of streaming backups, innobackupex would resume the Xtrabackup process and then wait for it to finish before running
UNLOCK TABLES. This caused database to be unnecessarily locked with
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK. Innobackupex now waits only till log copying is finished to unlock the databases. Bug fixed #1055989 (Alexey Kopytov).
- XtraBackup would fail on
--apply-logwhen filesystem didn’t support Linux AIO. Bug fixed #1065561 (Alexey Kopytov).
- XtraBackup binary would ignore
innodb_use_native_aiowhen it’s specified either in
my.cnfor as a command line option. Bug fixed #1068459 (Alexey Kopytov).
- XtraBackup would print a warning message during the prepare stage about
innodb_file_io_threadsbeing deprecated, even if the variable wasn’t set. Bug fixed #1068485 (Alexey Kopytov).
- XtraBackup Galera tests can now be run concurrently. Bug fixed #1077800 (Stewart Smith).